How to work with Exoscale
To start using Exoscale’s services, you will need:
- An account
- Some credit on the account
Then you will be able to start an instance of your favorite OS, deploy an application, store some data on our Simple Object Storage and even manage your DNS settings.
In order to start an instance, your account needs to have enough credit to run the instance for 3 days. For example, a Tiny Linux instance requires a minimum credit of 5 CHF to start.
You will receive an email notification when your instances’ usage makes your credit drop to under 15 CHF.
When there is enough capacity on our Compute platform, a trial credit is offered to new accounts.
A quota of 20 instances is in place. If you need to run more than 20 instances, please contact our Support team. If you are using Trial credit, the quota is reduced to 2 instances.
API Keys (and API Endpoints) allow you to access all services on the Exoscale platform programmatically.
On Exoscale, you have two types of API Keys:
To register your account, go to our account registration page.
You will receive an email asking you to activate your account.
If you registered with trial credit, you need to perform a phone validation. Enter your phone number in your profile details. You will receive an automatic phone call that will give you a validation code.
To finish activating your account, you need to add some credit.
On the left side of your browser window is the main navigation menu, where you can find our products, your account and support. Clicking on one of the icons will display a sub-menu to access the different sections:
- Compute: manage your instances, Security Groups, SSH Keys, et cetera
- Storage: manage your buckets and your objects
- DBaaS: manage data infrastructure like RDBMS databases, message brokers, queues, log indexing and related dashboard systems
- DNS: manage your Domains and their Records
- IAM: manage your API keys and associated rights
- Marketplace: a collection of templates, services and components you can use with Exoscale services
- Organization: manage billing information, resource quotas, organizations and legal/compliance information
- Support: contact our Support team and view your previous support tickets
In the top right, you will see your current credit balance and organization name. In the dropdown under your organization, select Account and you can update your profile, set up two-factor authentication, view and renew your API keys, and change your account preferences.